Our Journey Begins

On March 1st we left our home and all of our belongings in Chicago...it was really hard to say goodbye to all of our "stuff" and all of our friends and family. What a strange feeling to spend our last time in Chicago with our only belongings fitting into a couple of backpacks!! Yet at the same time...how cool is that! Who needs all that stuff anyway! :)

On March 2nd we landed in Tokyo, Japan and we were happy to reunite with our friends Lisa and Lucho Lamas. Our first night was spent chatting and we crashed very early...jet lag is so fun! Probably would have helped matters if we had slept on the plane but there was way too much good T.V. to watch!! Atonement, August Rush, Michael Clayton and of course, Beowulf...

I am excited to show Jon the places I remember from my last trip and I am excited to explore some new sights that I missed on my first trip to Japan. Ah, the adventure begins...by the way the Japanese langage/characters are not easy to figure out! But that is exactly the type of challenge that Jon and I love to overcome so don't worry about us...just keep checking in to see where we land next....

Sianara for now....

Love,
D & J

No comments: